Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chocolate Nut Ice Pops


Yesterday was awesome!!! We received the ice pop molds one day early and put them to work straight away. I have to admit, I wasn't all that jazzed about trying the coconut so I did chocolate instead. I am a chocoholic by nature so I couldn't resist. The biggest problem I will have to overcome is taking them out of the molds. After taking them out of the freezer I placed them in hot water for a few seconds... they wouldn't release, a few more seconds... still nothing, a few more... still they didn't want to release from the mold. Finally I wiggled and wiggled them a bit and voila out they came out the (stick that is). By the time I was able to get them out of the molds they were starting to melt. I put them back on a cookie sheet covered in was paper and refroze them. After about an hour I took them out and dipped them in chocolate and rolled them in nuts. WOW!!! DELICIOUS!!! They turned out GREAT!!! My husband couldn't get over how good they were. Dylan (my son) named it the "Chocolate Nut". Not only is it full of chocolaty nutty goodness but you will go nuts over it.


What's on the agenda today? You got it more chocolate!!! I'm on a roll... Roll? Hey what about a cinnamon roll pop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome. But like our ice pops keep them cool and sweet. Any sour suggestions are welcome also but please keep them in good taste.